Located in sunny Southern California, Amada Miyachi Corporation - a member of the Amada Group - is building on a successful 60+ year heritage of providing market leading products to manufacturing firms worldwide. We offer a stable but exciting work climate with opportunity for growth and advancement. We expect initiative, commitment and competence from our employees - all in the 'Spirit of Innovation.'
For more information about the jobs posted below please contact Tina Carey, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com Remember to include the title of the position about which you are inquiring. We currently have the following openings:
Primary point of contact for help desk request. Maintain company wide PCs, mobile and business devices. Assist in analyzing and resolving JD Edwards (JDE) E1 ERP user issues. Create and organize JSOX audits and in-house technical documentation. Help maintain existing and support new network build out projects. Track daily service email/logs and assist in analyzing all failed processes.
- Minimum 2 to 3 years of experience in help desk support or related technical responsibility
- BS/BA in computer science or related software engineering (desired)
- Associate degree in computer science or related software engineering (required)
- Good understanding of network protocols and infrastructure (TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS)
- Experience with CAD software (Solidworks, Inventor)
- Proficient with MS Office Suites (2003 to 2013) and other MS applications
- Knowledge of virus removal procedures and PC trouble shooting
- Experience working with Oracle SQL queries and stored procedures
- Experience with JD Edwards EnterpriseOne a plus
- Experience with InSight Software a plus
- Great analytical and trouble shooting skills
- Passionate about technology and willingness to continually improve skill set
- Good people skills. One who is service oriented and works well under pressure
EOE, M/F, D/V
Enable sales success for Amada Miyachi product lines by providing, in a timely manner, competitively superior technical solutions and responses to requests from internal and external customers following the ISO 9001 quality management system. Responsibilities include various aspects of Product Management, Technical Training, Sales Support, and Product Promotion.
Extensive direct customer and sales force engagement is required. Domestic and international travel is required.
Position reports to Product Manager.
- Experience in specifying, operating, designing, or maintaining equipment for industrial production and automation.
- BS Degree in Mechanical/Electrical/Material Science Engineering or equivalent required.
- Strong organization skills, excellent customer service approach, can-do attitude,
- Excellent communications skills, including writing and presenting technical product and service information to engineers, operators, and senior business managers
- Ability to research and solve technical problems for internal and external customers.
- Superior time management and follow-though with ability to accomplish day-to-day tasks while continuing to make progress, and bring to completion, longer term projects
- EXCEL, WORD, and CAD experience, preferably SolidWorks.
- US passport and ability to travel.
EOE, M/F, D/V
Systems Engineer will complete detail design work on semi-custom manufacturing systems and act as project leader for a project team following the ISO 9001 quality management system. As project leader, the Systems Engineer will coordinate activities of the project design team and production personnel, and also be the point of contact for communication with the customer.
- Four-year degree in Mechanical Engineering
- 1+ years of experience designing or specifying motion control components, tooling, fixtures, and other peripherals, as found in industrial automation systems preferred
- 1+ years of experience in the design and validation of precision motion systems, motion control equipment, and motion stage integration preferred.
- Technical expertise in at least one of the following areas is preferred
- Precision mechanical motion stages
- Machine controls and automation integration
- Industrial laser applications in automation applications
- Communicate well orally and in writing with customers and others with whom he/she works with within and outside the Engineering department.
- Experience with design and documentation tools including SolidWorks, Visio, Excel, Word
- Ability to travel occasionally (2 weeks per quarter)
EOE, M/F, D/V
This position requires a can-do attitude, excellent organization skills including attention to detail and follow through; the ability to research and solve problems for internal and external customers; superior communication skills, the ability to remain calm under pressure, and handle demanding people and difficult situations. Position coordinates the day to day activities for the assigned territories or any other territory as needed following the ISO 9001 quality management system. Individual will be responsible for all phases of customer support from quotes to follow-up after the sale.
Knowledge of Excel and Word required. College level education or equivalent experience 5-7 years prior experience is required. MRP systems knowledge is a plus.
EOE, M/F, D/V
This position requires high precision, hands-on mechanical and optomechanical skills to design, engineer, set up, test, and validate the critical optical and optomechanical components of advanced, complex laser process and imaging automation systems as required following the ISO 9001 quality management system.
- Hands-on experience in all areas of design and drafting including layout, detail drawing, dimensioning, checking and creation and maintenance of bills of materials in computerized database
- Experience using 3D tools, preferably SolidWorks
- 2 years minimum experience in engineering department with formal engineering records and documentation control
- Formal training and experience applying relevant ANSI standards to design and drafting documentation
- 2 years formal training in electro-mechanical design and drafting
- B.S. in engineering, materials science, physics, optics, or other related technical field preferred
- Hands-on experience with high precision mechanical or optomechanical tools and components
- Manual dexterity, high attention to detail, and ability to work with small tools and optomechanical devices
- Past experience with laser processing preferred
- Must be self-driven and highly results-oriented, with an aptitude for completing tasks in specified periods of time
- Ability to travel both domestically and internationally
EOE, M/F, D/V
EOE, M/F, D/V
This person is responsible for installing and servicing resistance welding, laser welders, laser markers, and systems equipment; handling customer inquiries related to applications or processes development using our products. Travel to support these tasks will be worldwide.
- 2 year or 4 year degree in engineering, materials, physics, chemistry or related discipline
- Experience in maintenance of industrial control equipment; preferred
- Exceptionally computer literate
- Computer programming experience; experience in industrial control equipment preferred
- Experience in customer service or field engineering is a plus
- Experience in motion control to include M and G codes; preferred
- Ability to learn and read ladder logic
- Experience in training customers in the use of capital equipment; preferred
- Able to travel domestically and internationally on short notice
- Valid US Passport required
EOE, M/F, D/V
Senior Controls Engineer will provide top level controls solutions and strategies for motion control and laser based machines.
Amada Miyachi America is looking for a Systems Development Engineer who understands customer requirements and needs for industrial automated and semi-automated systems. The Senior Controls Engineer will be focused on helping the Systems Departments supply continuous incremental technological advancements to our customers as well as achieve good technical solutions on industrial machines.
The Systems Development Engineer will work with the Systems Proposals Department to explain new solutions and technologies to the Proposals Team, Project Managers, and Customers.
The Systems Development Engineer will work with the Systems Project Management Department to review action lists for improved technological solutions and specific project and sales order activities. The Systems Development Engineer will be responsible for ensuring Project Managers understand the deliverables at a level that the Project Managers will be able to confirm successful completion of actions for milestone updates.
The Systems Development Engineer will work with the Systems Engineering Services Department, Systems Sustaining Department, Research & Development Department, and Advanced Technology Department to develop new solutions, sustain our products as components parts become obsolete, and educate engineers on the latest technologies and how to incorporate them into our Systems.
The Systems Development Engineer is considered a Senior Engineer who will not be supervising but will be responsible for providing lead direction and mentoring engineers.
Leadership and Teamwork
- Work in a team environment with other engineering, production, quality and test, materials control, contract management, and sales departments
- Preparation of documents as needed based on interviews with customers and the mechanical, electrical, and software engineers
- Develop project plans and schedules for development work
- Report on progress, demonstrations, and changes
- Provide detailed documentation for engineering release
- Ability to analyze complex data and present to management and engineers in understandable discussions; this requires a strong technical and social aptitude for written and verbal communication
- Identify obstructions and issues early to Project Managers and Management
- Plan with System Engineering Manager and V.P. of Operations and Systems methods for long term Systems Group sales growth and cost reductions with improved quality
- Knowledgeable in software design tools and environments including: .NET, Visual C++, C#, current Experience in C# is a plus
- Fundamental background in Software Engineering
- Four year degree in computer science, engineering, physics, or related discipline required. Masters Electrical engineering, Automation or Control Engineering preferred
- 8 years+ experience in designing custom motion control, HMI, robotics, pick & place, and hardware for automated control systems
- 3 years+ experience in designing custom machine vision applications preferred
- Experience with lasers and optics helpful
- Electrical engineering design experience; Solidworks Electrical is a plus
- Proven record of staying at the leading edge of technology to provide solutions that are leading edge and cost effective
- Excellent time management skills and follow-though with ability to accomplish day-to-day tasks while continuing to make progress, and bring to completion, longer term projects
- Preferred applicants will have experience in DLL generation for selected software-controllable systems components such as: data acquisition and controls, motion controllers, visions systems, lasers, data collection and report generators
- Strong background in S.T.E.M
- Advanced understanding of mathematics, statistics, and engineering required
- All aspects of work must consider discretion and confidentiality of data and proprietary technology of customers, AMYA, and other third parties
- Ability to travel occasionally
- QUALITY FIRST ATTITUDE
EOE, M/F, D/V