Located in sunny Southern California, Amada Miyachi Corporation - a member of the Amada Group - is building on a successful 60+ year heritage of providing market leading products to manufacturing firms worldwide. We offer a stable but exciting work climate with opportunity for growth and advancement. We expect initiative, commitment and competence from our employees - all in the 'Spirit of Innovation.'
For more information about the jobs posted below please contact Tina Carey, Director of Human Resources at firstname.lastname@example.org Remember to include the title of the position about which you are inquiring. We currently have the following openings:
EOE, M/F, D/V
The position must be detail oriented, have excellent organization skills and the ability to perform a variety of administrative and accounting tasks. Daily responsibilities include expense report and credit card processing, and providing accounting and clerical support to the Finance Department.
EOE, M/F, D/V
This person is responsible for installing and servicing resistance welding, laser welders, laser markers, and systems equipment; handling customer inquiries related to applications or processes development using our products. Travel to support these tasks will be worldwide.
- 2 year or 4 year degree in engineering, materials, physics, chemistry or related discipline
- Experience in maintenance of industrial control equipment; preferred
- Exceptionally computer literate
- Computer programming experience; experience in industrial control equipment preferred
- Experience in customer service or field engineering is a plus
- Experience in motion control to include M and G codes; preferred
- Ability to learn and read ladder logic
- Experience in training customers in the use of capital equipment; preferred
- Able to travel domestically and internationally on short notice
- Valid US Passport required
EOE, M/F, D/V
Amada Miyachi America is a leading manufacturer of equipment and systems for resistance welding, laser welding, laser marking, laser cutting, laser micromachining, hermetic sealing, projection welding and hot bar bonding. The company provides products to a wide range of markets, including medical device, battery, electric vehicle, solar energy, electronic component, automotive and many other technology industrial markets. Founded in 1948, Amada Miyachi America has been serving these markets to provide solutions to customers’ manufacturing challenges. Amada Miyachi America is a wholly owned subsidiary of Japanese corporation Amada Miyachi Co. Ltd.. Amada Miyachi, Amada Miyachi America and other group companies have a broad range of loyal, long term customers in the global markets, of which Amada Miyachi America is directly responsible to manage North, Central and South America. Over the past decades of offshore business base expansion implemented by Japanese manufacturers, Amada Miyachi America has an ample Japan-originated customers to serve in the Americas market. The main objective of the Japanese Sales Support Manager position is to form the liason for such customers located in the Americas market to emphasize business relationship through enhanced local support and technical consultation. This position will report to the Vice President of Sales of Amada Miyachi America.
- Work with Amada Miyachi America sales team to help grow its sales with Japanese companies located in Americas (mainly USA, Mexico and S. America) and help Amada Miyachi America meet its sales targets in each fiscal year
- Provide technical support for those Japanese Customers primarily in Japanese language
- Coordinate introduction of new Amada Miyachi Japan products with Amada Miyachi America Product Marketing group and assist in technical manual translations
- Coordinate with Amada Miyachi service group for local service and technical support for the Amada Miyachi products relocated from Japan to the Americas, or Amada Miyachi products directly shipped from Japan to customers in the Americas from time to time
- Assist Amada Miyachi Service and Technical Support personnel in understanding of Amada Miyachi products when supplemental information and training is required
- Other projects, tasks and coordination work as requested by the Company management or as the Company business requires
- Fluent Japanese and English language skills at professional level
- Technical background in electronics/electrical engineering, BSEE preferred
- Easily absorb technical knowledge and ability to memorize the technical performance specifications of the product line for both resistance welding and lasers processing
- Capital equipment sales track record, plus a strong ability in leadership and communication skills
- Must be both sales savvy and technologically fluent
- Must be able to communicate both verbally and in writing with people at all levels, from production floor personnel to top executives
- Must be a team player and a team builder, both within the Sales department and with other departments throughout the Company
- An interest in and enthusiasm for understanding how Japanese customers use production equipment and how the Company can solve customer problems
- Some travel is required
EOE, M/F, D/V
Senior Controls Engineer will provide top level controls solutions and strategies for motion control and laser based machines.
Amada Miyachi America is looking for a Systems Development Engineer who understands customer requirements and needs for industrial automated and semi-automated systems. The Senior Controls Engineer will be focused on helping the Systems Departments supply continuous incremental technological advancements to our customers as well as achieve good technical solutions on industrial machines.
The Systems Development Engineer will work with the Systems Proposals Department to explain new solutions and technologies to the Proposals Team, Project Managers, and Customers.
The Systems Development Engineer will work with the Systems Project Management Department to review action lists for improved technological solutions and specific project and sales order activities. The Systems Development Engineer will be responsible for ensuring Project Managers understand the deliverables at a level that the Project Managers will be able to confirm successful completion of actions for milestone updates.
The Systems Development Engineer will work with the Systems Engineering Services Department, Systems Sustaining Department, Research & Development Department, and Advanced Technology Department to develop new solutions, sustain our products as components parts become obsolete, and educate engineers on the latest technologies and how to incorporate them into our Systems.
The Systems Development Engineer is considered a Senior Engineer who will not be supervising but will be responsible for providing lead direction and mentoring engineers.
Leadership and Teamwork
- Work in a team environment with other engineering, production, quality and test, materials control, contract management, and sales departments
- Preparation of documents as needed based on interviews with customers and the mechanical, electrical, and software engineers
- Develop project plans and schedules for development work
- Report on progress, demonstrations, and changes
- Provide detailed documentation for engineering release
- Ability to analyze complex data and present to management and engineers in understandable discussions; this requires a strong technical and social aptitude for written and verbal communication
- Identify obstructions and issues early to Project Managers and Management
- Plan with System Engineering Manager and V.P. of Operations and Systems methods for long term Systems Group sales growth and cost reductions with improved quality
- Knowledgeable in software design tools and environments including: .NET, Visual C++, C#, current Experience in C# is a plus
- Fundamental background in Software Engineering
- Four year degree in computer science, engineering, physics, or related discipline required. Masters Electrical engineering, Automation or Control Engineering preferred
- 8 years+ experience in designing custom motion control, HMI, robotics, pick & place, and hardware for automated control systems
- 3 years+ experience in designing custom machine vision applications preferred
- Experience with lasers and optics helpful
- Electrical engineering design experience; Solidworks Electrical is a plus
- Proven record of staying at the leading edge of technology to provide solutions that are leading edge and cost effective
- Excellent time management skills and follow-though with ability to accomplish day-to-day tasks while continuing to make progress, and bring to completion, longer term projects
- Preferred applicants will have experience in DLL generation for selected software-controllable systems components such as: data acquisition and controls, motion controllers, visions systems, lasers, data collection and report generators
- Strong background in S.T.E.M
- Advanced understanding of mathematics, statistics, and engineering required
- All aspects of work must consider discretion and confidentiality of data and proprietary technology of customers, AMYA, and other third parties
- Ability to travel occasionally
- QUALITY FIRST ATTITUDE
EOE, M/F, D/V