Located in sunny Southern California, Amada Miyachi Corporation - a member of the Amada Group - is building on a successful 60+ year heritage of providing market leading products to manufacturing firms worldwide. We offer a stable but exciting work climate with opportunity for growth and advancement. We expect initiative, commitment and competence from our employees - all in the 'Spirit of Innovation.'
For more information about the jobs posted below please contact Tina Carey, Director of Human Resources at email@example.com Remember to include the title of the position about which you are inquiring. We currently have the following openings:
- Conceptual design, schedule, and cost estimation of PLC and PC-based control systems for laser industrial processing equipment based on customer requirements
- Detailed design for control subsystems
- Other tasks and projects assigned by the position’s supervisor and company management from time to time
- Analyze and specify technical requirements for automation control subsystems and components
- Detailed control architecture design including block diagrams and interconnect layouts
- Detailed design of automation controls subsystems consisting of detailed electrical, control, signaling, and power design, and specification of PLC and controller functionality
- Troubleshoot electro-mechanical systems.
- Electromechanical packaging design and strong knowledge of typical control hardware
- Work with customer, sales person, and other systems engineers to develop machine requirements specification during the quotation phase.
- Estimate time and materials required for all product development and construction activities.
- Conduct design reviews to customer, engineering and management personnel
- Specify design verification test requirements, and conduct, review and approve the results of such tests.
- Provide technical supervision to systems technicians and CAD designers as needed
- Communicate well orally and in writing with customers and others with whom he/she works with within and outside the Engineering department.
- Represent the company in a professional manner to the customers, vendors, and other people and organizations outside the company
- Supervise the documentation and release of specific standard Systems products, "Building Blocks", including planning, design, documentation and engineering release
- Four-year degree in Electrical/Electronic/Computer/Industrial Engineering
- Working knowledge of current electrical safety standards
- Work experience using schematic capture tools and standard electronic test equipment
- Practical experience of professional engineering design and document control methodology
- Experience working collaboratively with internal and external customers
- Demonstrated ability to design for long term support and modification
- Three years+ experience in designing or specifying automation controls with emphasis on power and control electronic design
- Ability to travel occasionally
EOE, M/F, D/V
A senior management position, responsible for company compliance to both internal and external rules and regulations in various human resources activities such as recruitment, employee relations, benefits, compensation, workers compensation, EEO and health and safety. Management of development, implementation, and administration of company human resources policies and procedures. Origination of policies and monitoring of activities affecting company operations. The position supervises the payroll and benefits administrator, full-time receptionist/human resources assistant, and a part-time assistant receptionist/HR clerk. The position reports to the Chief Operating Officer (COO).
Recruitment Includes placing ads, screening resumes, applicant testing and maintaining relationship with outside recruiters. Creates job postings for company web page and online recruitment vehicles such as Indeed.com, Dice.com, Handshake.com, etc. Coordinates employee referral and internal job posting program, and pre-employment background checks and drug screens.
Human Resources Management/Employee Relations Counsels employees and supervisors on a variety of work, benefit and personal issues. Participates in all strategy development, including attending management planning and strategy meetings. Sets annual human resources department goals and budget.
Benefits Responsible for all company-sponsored healthcare contracts (medical, dental, vision, life and LTD); 401(k) administration including enrollment, quarterly billings, annual discrimination testing and 5500 forms; COBRA administration. Administers tuition reimbursement program.
Compensation and Employee Development Responsible for administering annual non-exempt and exempt employees’ performance evaluation, and merit increases as company business status warrants. Recommends employee development programs, training and promotions. Establishes annual performance review criteria and assists in setting annual increase level(s). Participates in salary surveys, e.g. Radford. Evaluates and prepares job descriptions.
Workers Compensation/Safety/Employee Wellness Maintains OSHA log. Prepares employer’s report. Active safety committee participant, including setting up and administering periodic safety training and documentation. Sets-up annual laser eye check-ups for employees involved in laser product operation. Coordinates annual flu shots. Manages workers’ compensation program and controls benefits via insurance company.
Company Policy (EEO/GOVERNMENT REGULATIONS/SEXUAL HARRASSMENT TRAINING) Maintains family/medical leave files. Keeps up-to-date with changing legislation. Periodically issues revisions to employee handbook when required. Schedule and conduct annual and bi-annual training as mandated by state or federal government.
Other Duties Sets up and coordinates monthly birthday/service celebrations. Coordinates company activities, including seasonal picnics and parties. Completes employee verifications. Works closely with Payroll Administrator, who maintains Paycom employee database. Other special projects requested by the management and board of directors of Amada Miyachi America from time to time.
- At least fifteen years of progressively responsible experience in Human Resources, with at least 6 years experience as a manager/sr. manager.
- At least ten years experience in HR in a manufacturing environment.
- Full knowledge and awareness of current employment and other the HR related laws, regulations, rules of the State (primarily California) and Federal employment.
- Friendliness and comfort to value and work with each company employee, as a person, as well as an employee.
- Broad based business understanding to be able to work with the executive team on business strategy development and execution.
- Bachelor degree in a Business discipline. MBA would be a plus.
- Truly outstanding written and verbal communication skills.
- True team player with the employees, middle managers, and top management team.
- Positive and supportive person.
EOE, M/F, D/V
The Journey Level CNC Machinist will be responsible for CNC programming, set up and operation while providing high quality, precision machined parts for Engineering prototype projects and parts for mass production. The Journey Level Machinist will perform complex machining operations while maintaining a strong emphasis on safety practices and maintaining close tolerances. The Journey Level Machinist will report directly to the Manufacturing Manager.
- Program, set up and operate CNC Mills
- Manually Operate lathes, mills, grinders, band saws and sheet metal shears
- Machine parts at required rate according to schedule and production work orders
- Machine parts per print for Engineering projects
- Modify existing materials per instructions as required using equipment and/or hand tools
- Clean and maintain good housekeeping within the Machine Shop
- Use computerized Work Order program to track job run time and statistics
- Other tasks and projects assigned by the position’s supervisor or management from time to time
- Must be skilled with Mastercam software for Mill programming, and 3 axis set up while maintaining close tolerances
- Must have experience with Fadal and Haas CNC controls
- Must be able to work a 40 hour work week with capacity for occasional overtime on a daily basis and including Saturdays as needed to ensure project schedules are met
- Ability to lift up to 40 lbs as well as walking and standing on feet from 8-12 hrs per day
- Computer skills: Basic Microsoft Office experience, (Excel & Word), and Solid Works files
- Experience using machine tools to repair metal parts or to form new ones
- Experience setting up and operating conventional Mills, Lathes, Drill Presses Sanders, Grinders and Saws while maintaining close tolerances
- Experience working with Engineers on prototype models
- Excellent knowledge of Mechanic’s tools, machines and shop mathematics
- Must be able to read and interpret blue prints and written specifications
- Must be able to work overtime periodically as required
- 10 Years minimum experience as a Machinist
EOE, M/F, D/V
The proposed candidate will be working in the Quality Service and Support Department for Amada Miyachi America. The Candidate will be working in a Manufacturing environment that is fast-paced and challenging. The individual in this position must have a good eye for detail. A flexible schedule is required as periodic demands require overtime, (including some weekends). Amada Miyachi America produces manufacturing equipment which includes welders, solder reflow systems, laser welders, laser markers and complete automated welding systems.
- In-process and final inspection of electronic, optical, electromechanical and mechanical assemblies
- Calibration of electronic, optical and mechanical assemblies
- Troubleshooting to the component level
- Repair of electronic, optical and mechanical assemblies
- Soldering/de-soldering of through-hole and SMT components at a high level of quality
- Customer support via phone and E-mail
- Periodic travel to customer’s facilities to perform repairs/do training. Must be able to travel internationally
- Responsible for new product testing. This will include software/hardware testing, documentation review and report writing
- Must have 5 – 7 years related experience and at least a BSET or AS Degree in electronics
- Experience with lasers is a strong plus
- Must be able to work overtime
- Proficiency with electronic test equipment including oscilloscopes, digital multi-meters, signal generators and counters
- Must be proficient in the safe handling of high-power/high-current electronics. Some of our equipment operates on 650 Volts with primary currents as high as 4000 A
- Must possess a strong working knowledge of analog/digital electronics, and testing and troubleshooting of electro-mechanical systems
- A can-do attitude, excellent analytical skills including attention to detail and follow through, and the ability to research and solve problems
- Excellent communication skills, written and verbal
EOE, M/F, D/V
Review incoming communications (e-mail, phone and chat) from customers on issues. Provide information as requested, conduct phone and on-line support to resolve issues. Determine if a field service visit is required, what parts are needed on-site for that visit and what skill sets the field engineer needs to be successful. In coordination with the field service supervisor, quote visits as required, process purchase and sales orders and schedule field engineering visits. Provide technical information and documentation as needed to support field engineer’s visits. Track open issues to assure that all customer requests are resolved. Determine long-term training needs for department and help to coordinate that training
- Confer with customers to address questions, problems, or requests for service or equipment
- Review technical information, obtain details from internal sources, determine appropriate level of information to provide to customers and communicate that information to customers
- Provide real-time phone support for customers’ engineers working on machines
- Provide remote access support for customers’ PC controlled machines
- Determine when remote support is insufficient and on-site support is required
- Work with Field Service Supervisor to quote on-site support, process customer purchase orders when received and create sales orders in ERP system
- Work with Field Service Supervisor to schedule field service visits and rearrange customer visits when required for urgent support needs
- Determine what tools and spare parts are required and coordinate their delivery to customer site to coincide with field service engineer visit
- Provide technical information and support to field engineers during their customer visits
- Monitor customer communications to assure that responses are sent in a timely fashion.
- Record and maintain files or records of customer requests, work or services performed, charges, expenses, inventory, or other dispatch information
- Solid technical understanding of modern digitally controlled production equipment
- Excellent customer service, verbal and written communication skills
- Detail oriented
- Experience in computer skills including Microsoft Office products
- Excellent time management
- Ability to support multiple projects throughout each day
- Bachelor of Science in Engineering or related technical field
- Two years' experience in Customer Service type role
EOE, M/F, D/V
Conceptual and detailed software design, coding, and testing of:
- Evaluate customer’s applications (contact customers and/or Sales Managers & Reps to obtain the necessary information needed to complete the applications in a timely manner)
- Pre-sale conceptual design, schedule, and cost estimation of software for semi-automated industrial laser processing workstations
- GUI real-time HMI software integrating system operation, motion control, laser programming and control, machine vision (Cognex, Keyence), data collection and analysis, file management, and networking capabilities
- Structured, re-useable low-level motion control system code for Delta-Tau, Compumotor, Aerotech motion systems implementing control system and I/O functions
- DLLs for selected software-controllable systems components such as: data acquisition and controls, motion controllers, visions systems, lasers, data collection and report generators
- Manufacturing floor automation connectivity software including LAN, database, and other standard interfaces and protocols
- PLC code for Allen Bradley, Omron PLCs
- Provide support for system acceptance testing conducted by project managers
- Work in a team environment with other engineers, production, QA, test, materials control, contract management, and sales personnel
- Support and develop new software under direction of Systems Software Supervisor
- Prepare requirements document based on interview with customer and hardware engineers
- Prepare interface and functionality documentation for software modules
- Develop project plans and schedules for software development work
- Report on progress, demonstrations, changes
- Provide detailed documentation for engineering release
Software Development Management
- Analyze and recommend improvements to our present software development and design control methodology
- Completely knowledgeable in software design tools and environments including: .NET, Visual C++, C#, Java, Windows, networking – Current Experience in C# is Required
- Strong fundamental background in Software Engineering is a MUST!
- Design for long term support and modification
- Professional software design and documentation control methodology
- Four year degree in computer science, engineering, physics, or related discipline
- Three years+ experience in designing custom motion control and HMI software
- Three years+ experience in designing custom machine vision applications
- Ability to travel occasionally
EOE, M/F, D/V